- Driver (8A50): 8 in. 50W coaxial driver with 20 oz. LF ceramic magnet and 2 oz. HF ceramic magnet has frequency response of 40Hz–19.4kHz (±6dB) and 40Hz–20kHz (±7.3dB) and average sensitivity of 90.6dB (1W/1M). Excellent power handling and smooth sound reproduction.
- Transformer: 70V transformer with primary taps at 1.1, 2, 4, and 8W.
- Grille with Subplate (2 x 2): Fine-perforation grille provides maximum free-air space for excellent sound transmission while maintaining an unobtrusive appearance in new or existing tile ceilings. White.
- Enclosure (.8 cu.ft.): Steel backbox with 1.5 in. thick acoustic lining. Removable dual knockout wiring compartment cover plate with combination knockouts. Driver leads exit through metal clamp. Backbox is offset to fit around plenum obstructions.
- Mounting Aids: Restraint tabs
COMPLIANCE & CERTIFICATION
- UL1480A General Signaling (Indoor Dry)
- UL2043 suitable for use in an air handling space
- CSA C22.2 No. 205-12 General Signaling for use in Canada
- The speaker system for suspended tile ceilings shall be Lowell Model No. LT2-8A-T870-Vb. The 2x2 tile ceiling speaker shall directly replace a 2'x2' ceiling tile. Each speaker system shall include a factory-mounted driver mounted to a subplate with a fine perforation steel grille finished in white powder epoxy. The driver shall be 8 in.coaxial with a power rating of 50W. It shall have ceramic magnet weight of 20 ozs. (LF) and 2 ozs. (HF), frequency response of 40Hz–19.4kHz (±6dB) and 40Hz–20kHz (±7.3dB) and average sensitivity of 90.6dB measured 1W/1M. The driver shall include a factory wired 70V transformer with primary taps at 1.1, 2, 4, and 8W. The system shall include a steel backbox (.8 cu.ft.) with acoustic lining, removable dual knockout wiring compartment cover plate with 1/2 in.—3/4 in. combination knockouts, and leads exiting through a metal clamp.