Ready-to-install high performance 50W flown rectangular speaker system for suspended installations features an 8 in. driver, 70V 32W transformer, 2 cu.ft. acoustic enclosure and white grille. It's ideal for high energy, high ceiling applications like clubs, bars, sporting facilities, concourses, hotel ballrooms, transportation terminals, convention centers and exhibit halls.
SPEAKER ASSEMBLY INCLUDES
- Driver (8A50): 8 in. 50W driver features 20 oz. LF magnet with 1.4 inch copper voice coil to drive a polypropylene cone with half-roll rubber surround for long cone travel and good edge damping. Post-mounted tweeter is a 1 inch balanced-drive dome protected by Ferrofluid and a first-order high-pass filter. A steel plate is mounted over the driver to protect it during shipping and installation. Remove it to mount the grille. See the driver spec sheet for more information.
- Transformer (TLS-3270): Includes 70V 32W transformer for superior music fidelity in 70V distributed applications. The 20/20 AudioVision™ transformer offers true 20Hz-20kHz performance. A screwdriver-adjustable tap selector switch is accessible through an opening in the grille. Note: Lowell 20/20 AudioVision transformers have full frequency response and high power handling which allows the speaker to operate at full potential while providing a stable load to the amplifier. The transformer allows a distributed speaker system to sound imperceptibly the same as a transformer-less direct-to-voice-coil system but with easier wiring, reduced labor and less expense.
- Grille: Square perforated steel grille with white powder epoxy finish is ideal for applications where the speaker is suspended in a tile, sheetrock or plaster ceiling. 15.25 in. square x 0.375 in.
- Enclosure: 2 cu.ft. precision-formed steel enclosure (23.94 in. x 18.19 in. x 8.19 in.) features anti-vibration ribs, sound-stop board, 1-1/2 in. thick premium acoustic lining and forged 1/4 in.–20 eyebolts screwed into mounting nuts for secure suspended installation (using flyware by others). Externally accessible connections are terminated through a 4 in. x 4 in. flush cover plate. Black powder epoxy finish.
CERTIFICATION & COMPLIANCE
- Certified U.S. steel (grille, enclosure)
- Made in U.S.A. with global components
- The 50W flown rectangular speaker for suspended installation shall be Lowell iMount® Model IM8A-TS32-2SW which shall feature an 8 in. 50W driver mounted in a black steel acoustic enclosure (23.937 in. x 18.19 in. x 8.19 in., 2 cu.ft. volume) with anti-vibration ribs, sound-stop board, 1-1/2 inch thick acoustic lining, and forged 1/4 inch-20 eyebolts screwed into mounting nuts for suspended installation using flyware by others. It shall include a perforated steel architectural grille with white finish. System frequency response shall be 50Hz–7.3kHz (±6dB) and 50Hz–20kHz (±9.1dB) with average sensitivity of 89.7dB @1W/1M. Dispersion shall be 85 degrees conical @2kHz octave measured 6dB down. The system shall include a 70V 32W transformer with tap selections behind the grille.