High performance, ready-to-install 250W flown rectangular speaker for suspended installations features 12 in. driver with transformer, 3 cu.ft. acoustic enclosure and white grille. Ideally suited to high ceiling/high energy applications like clubs, bars, sporting facilities, concourses, hotel ballrooms and exhibit halls.
SPEAKER ASSEMBLY INCLUDES
- Driver (12Q250): 12 in. (8 ohm) 250W driver features a robust motor structure with 77 oz. magnet and 4 inch edge-wound aluminum voice coil. The 5.3 in. mylar dome tweeter features a 42oz. magnet and 1.75 in. voice coil for an exceptional combination of power handling and efficiency. A built-in crossover network with fourth order high-pass and fourth order low-pass filters accomplishes proper frequency division between the two drivers. Driver frame is cast aluminum with black corrosion-resistant finish. A steel plate is mounted over the driver to protect it during shipping and installation. Remove it to mount the grille.
- Transformer (TLS-10070): 70V 100W transformer for superior music fidelity in 70V distributed applications. This 20/20 AudioVisionTM transformer offers true 20Hz-20kHz performance. A screwdriver-adjustable tap selector switch is accessible behind the grille. Note: Lowell 20/20 AudioVisionTM transformers have full frequency response and high power handling which allows the speaker to operate at full potential while providing a stable load to the amplifier. The transformer allows a distributed speaker system to sound imperceptibly the same as a transformer-less direct-to-voice-coil system but with easier wiring, reduced labor and less expense.
- Grille: Square perforated steel grille with white powder epoxy finish is ideal for applications where the speaker is suspended in a tile, sheetrock or plaster ceiling. 15.25 in. square x 0.375 in.
- Enclosure: 3 cu.ft. precision-formed steel enclosure (23.94 in. x 18.19 in. x 12 in.) features anti-vibration ribs, sound-stop board, 1-1/2 in. thick premium acoustic lining and forged 1/4 in.–20 eyebolts screwed into mounting nuts for secure suspended installation (using flyware by others). Externally accessible connections are terminated through a 4 in. x 4 in. flush cover plate. Black powder epoxy finish.
CERTIFICATION & COMPLIANCE
- Certified U.S. steel (grille, enclosure)
- Made in U.S.A. with global components
- The 250W flown rectangular speaker for suspended installation shall be Lowell iMount® Model IM12Q-TS100-3SW which shall feature a 12 in. (8 ohm) 250W driver mounted in a black steel acoustic enclosure (23.94 in. x 18.19 in. x 12 in., 3 cu.ft. volume) with anti-vibration ribs, sound-stop board, 1-1/2 inch thick acoustic lining, and forged 1/4 inch- 20 eyebolts screwed into mounting nuts for suspended installation (using flyware by others). It shall include a perforated steel architectural grille with white finish. System frequency response shall be 73Hz–16kHz (±6dB) and 45Hz–20kHZ (±9.5dB) with average sensitivity of 100.1dB @1W/1M. Dispersion shall be 80 degrees conical @2kHz octave measured 6dB down. The system shall have a driver with 77oz. magnet and 4 inch edge-wound aluminum voice coil; and a 5.3 in. mylar dome tweeter with 42oz. magnet and 1.75 in. voice coil. The speaker shall include a wired 70V 100W transformer with screwdriver-adjustable tap selections accessible behind the grille.