Class D and DSP powered
Another update from the Fader Series is Class-D amplification. More clean, reliable power, more headroom, and also a standalone powerful DSP integration.
The digitally controlled crossover makes each speaker more consistent. The new FX series is truly a 21st Century reference monitor at home in any recording studio.
LED indicator on front baffle
The illuminated LED on the front panel is not only a status indicator, displaying whether the FX monitor is on, off or in standby, but also acts as an alignment beacon which allows you to properly align your speakers to your ear level.
Front-loaded slot port design
The bass-reflex slot port tunes the cabinet to maximize the bass output efficiency of the speaker. It is placed on the front panel not only to directly radiate the bass energy towards the listener, but also for flexibility of placement in your studio.
Updated Tweeter Grille protection
The FX coax design, with the tweeter suspended in the middle of the woofer,
is very robust. As such, it provides outstanding protection for the woofer itself. However, the tweeter needs protection as well, this is why we added a small, steel perforated grille to protect the delicate silk diaphragm of the tweeter.
"Imaging and Depth"
It's one thing to put high quality speaker drivers in a cabinet with an amplifier and call it a great speaker. But for a transparent reference monitor, that is only the beginning.
Painstaking crossover design and listening sessions were undertaken to optimize not only a flat on-axis frequency response, but a depth of soundstage that has become the hallmark of Fluid Audio monitors.
This ensures that your mix will not only sound great on your FX speakers, but will translate to speaker systems outside the studio as well.
- Frequency response: 49Hz – 22KHz (+/- 3db)
- Crossover frequency: 2.9KHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 50 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 40 watts
- Signal-to-noise: 89dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF one displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces TBD dB output 89dBA @ one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: 100V - 240V~50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 9.21*6.93*9.0 / 234mm x 176mm x 230mm
- Weight (each): 8.15lbs / 3.8kg